Saturday, February 2, 2008

Rabbits update. New additions coming.

I have decided to add one more mini lop doe to my herd. I am purchasing Posey's Azure from Christina, an opal jr. mini lop doe. She is the litter mate sister to Bodacious. We love Bodacious's personality and Azure is a bit better typed, so I couldn't resist adding another dilute to my herd. We will be getting her at the VIRBA show. I may add yet another doe to my herd, but will have to see if she pans out or not.

I forgot to mention that I will getting a young French Lop buck from Sarah McCrea to add to my barn as I have no FL bucks right now. He is a broken chin and I will be using him to breed to my does that will be ready to be bred in a month or so. So, I will be getting Gamroth's Libby and Rainstar's ? (I kinda like the name "Kid Rock" or "Fraggle Rock" for names. I have to discuss it with Sarah yet. He has no name yet, so not sure what to call him. I maybe getting one from Barb Adams yet, but the other buck did not pan out type-wise. I am still on the prowl for a great French Lop herd buck.

I have my first Mini Lop litter due this coming week (Feb 8-9th). Tamashanter's Rickie is bred to Velotta's Sam, so I am excited to have my first litter of the year. We also have other due at the end of the month. The possible colors that Rickie and Sam may produce include: Black GT steels, Blacks, Chestnut Agoutis, possibly chins, and I am not sure if Sam carries the dilute gene or not. Rickie does, but not sure about Sam. I will soon find out in a week though.

All the buns are settling well here. I still have a few more of them to move around, but hopefully that will all be done once I get the rest of the cages disinfected and then they can moved into their new cages. Everything takes time and good weather too.

Oh ya. I got Kim and Christina to create a BCMini Lops yahoo group, as I have been thinking of starting one for awhile now, but just didn't know how to. I think it is great because Mini lops seem to be getting popular again in BC and on Vancouver Island, which is great to see.

Will post again in a day or so.
Good night :)

No comments: