Tuesday, February 26, 2008

New Mini Lops coming to our Rabbitry

Christina and I are working on the chocolate varieties in mini lops as a side project together. We both share Turtle, a chocolate SR Mini Lop buck purchased from Prominent Rabbitry in Alberta. I also purchased Q a Broken Lilac for our chocolate program, and I love her. Christina has her mom "Lady Godiva" a Chocolate Steel Doe, and Turtle is also Q's dad. These 3 rabbits will give us a good start in our chocolate mini lops. In addition, I have also bred 2 does to turtle to produce chocolate carriers. I have bred Olivia and Posey to Turtle and soon will be breeding Ella and Q to him too, before he spends some time with Christina breeding a couple of her does.
I have always loved the chocolate varieties, and this is the first chocolate variety of any breed that I have had in my barn. I can't wait to see what Turtle, Q and Godiva produce for us along with our other does that we are breeding.

I will post pictures on my website soon of these guys (Turtle and Q).

Watch in the coming months to see what they produce. So excited about these guys and I have to add the Turtle has the most sweetest disposition ever and he loves to breed the girls. He and Q are welcome additions in the barn.