Monday, September 6, 2010

Results from Saanichton Fair (Sept 4, 2010)

Saskia along with Kim Posey took a few of our animals down to the Saanichton fair on Saturday Sept 4th. I was just coming off a set and a night shift at that. I got home at 9am so I was way too tired to go to the rabbit show.

Doug Sprague (sp?) was the rabbit judge. Saskia wrote under Doug and had a good time. She told me he still wont take her to the United States. LOL He's a smart man. Who would want to take a crazy 15 year old to the States. She asked him at the April show and he told her she had too much energy for him. Need to get passports in order before we can go to any US shows.

As for our Show results, I did not do well, but only showed 3 animals, although, Saskia did very well with her 6 rabbits.

Tammi's Results:

Mini Rex- Black SR. Doe KT's K80T "Annie" placed 2/2 but starting a molt. She will be retired and bred in the next day or so.

Mini Lop- Solid Jr. Buck TRK0 Tamashanter's Ghost Ryder (REW) placed 5/5. He is still coming into himself plus no where near where the Posey's animals are show wise.

Mini Lop- Solid Jr. Doe TRK1 Tamashanter's Carmen Electra (Chinchilla-Black) placed 5/5. She needs work, but she is much better than her mom was.

For me, this is a breed that I am working on. I don't think I will show mini lops for awhile till I feel I am competitive enough and will continue to work on the mini lops. I also have a pair of chocolates. Chocolate buck and Chocolate carrier doe.

Saskia's Show Results are:

Mini Rex:

Blacks:
Sr. Doe Posey's Amber SB2 placed 1/2 in class and won 1/2 in fur.
Jr. Buck Tamashanter's Black Forest TRJ0 placed 1/1 He also BOSV Black.
Jr. Doe Tamashanter's Gabby TRJ1 placed 1/1. She took BOV Black and Best Opposite Sex (BOS).

Blue:
Jr. Doe Tamashanter's TRZ1 yet to be named. Placed 1/1 and BOV (only blue).

Broken:
Jr. Buck Tamashanter's For Your Entertainment TRZ0 Placed 1/1 and Best of Variety.

Chocolate:
Jr. Buck S&K's Milo KS93 Placed 1/1, BOV and Best of Breed (BOB).

Saskia managed to sell Zelda's broken blue buck to a great pet home.

Now to get ready for Cowichan Exhibition next weekend September 11 and 12.

No comments: